Customer Support Advisor
The Customer Support Advisor reports directly to the Customer Support Manager. Responsibilities include managing and processing inquiries pertaining to customer related issues, navigating customer concerns, UPS Claims and helps build and support FCP’s mission statement of providing the highest quality of customer service practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to, researches and resolves customer telephone calls, emails/Zendesk tickets and live-chat communications in accordance to FCP Communication Guidelines by asking appropriate questions with the goal of issue resolution
- Processes daily returns paperwork in required time frames
- Reconciles the returns transfer on a daily basis within required time frames
- Assists customers with new orders and/or refunds while preparing documentation for UPS claims processing.
- Collaborates with Purchasing on vendor related matters
- Follows up with customers on outstanding issues or additional information needed for purchases (credit card decline, credit card number, correct street address, name, email etc). Provides regular status updates to keep customer informed.
- Checks order status hourly to ensure all orders are following proper and essential work flow
- Works closely with all departments (Purchasing, Products, Finance, DC) to ensure proper disposition and timely shipment of all materials and goods.
- Provides customer feedback, parts feedback, and quality & service feedback to reporting repository and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Understands basic financial metrics; cost of goods, quantity on hand and how it relates to customer service
- Educates the customer on ways to self-serve online, assists in the transition from sales to service
- Processes sales order transactions adhering to company budget parameters (margins, returns %, shipping etc)
- Demonstrates knowledge of FCP merchandise, pricing and policies in order to provide accurate information to customers
- Assists walk-in customers while showing enthusiasm
- Authorizes and processes pricing adjustments, terms, and refunds.
- Maintains average call times under 5 minutes while following Communication Guidelines and providing excellent customer service
- Approaches customer communications and interactions with goal of improving first contact resolution.
- Notifies manager of unresolved work at end of shift
- Creates personal quarterly review objectives
- Meets one on one with the Customer Support Manager to discuss weekly results and call center improvements
- Works with Customer Support Manager to improve customer relations and work flow
- Works on personal growth to become more knowledgeable on customer service and the automotive parts industry
- Completes daily and weekly objectives assigned by Customer Support Manager
- Achieves accuracy on returns paperwork with reason codes, comments on paperwork and in orders and DC notes
- Processes UPS labels correctly with required information and commenting
- Contribute to equal work flow distribution (phone calls, emails, Zendesk tickets, LiveChat) amongst all customer support advisors
Team & Cultural Expectations
- Abide by all FCP Communication Guidelines internally and externally, follows FCP’s 4 S’s of Service & Sales
- Act respectfully and supportively to all FCP co-workers, customers and vendors
- Demonstrate team mentality over individual accomplishments
- Report any concerns that may have a negative effect on our cultural expectations
- Bring positive demeanor and attitude with the ability to motivate others, leaving personal issues at the door
- Contribute equally to helping to improve FCP service levels
- Represent FCP professionally at all times publically and on social media
- Minimum 2 years call center experience preferred
- Automotive parts knowledge strongly preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to control multiple priorities and projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize while speaking to customers
- Strong team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Commitment to company values, morals and ethics
- Demonstrated ability to meet objectives within budget and deadlines
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent verbal, organization, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- College Education or Automotive Education preferred, Automotive Enthusiast or Call Center experience preferred
- Must be able to interact and communicate courteously and tactfully with all managers, coworkers, customers and/or vendors
- Experience and knowledge in dealing with customers
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments and key business partners
The Customer Support Advisor is compensated between $14 - $20 per hour.